Apr 23, 2011

Sapphire Earrings - Pink



When I joined in a gemstone buy last year I bought my first ever lot of Sapphire gemstones - was very exciting. They were a gorgeous selection of stones, some in varying shades of the more traditional blue colour, and some in varying shades of pink.

The size of all the Sapphires, in tear drop briolettes, meant that they were perfect for earrings so I decided to team some of the pink sapphires with 14k gold fill wire, and some of the blue sapphires with sterling silver.

I wire wrapped the pink Sapphires in the 14k gold fill wire and then suspended them all from a jump ring - 8 sapphires to each earring. These jump rings were then in turn suspended from some hand forged ear wires - also made using 14k gold fill wire.

So there you have it, my first design using Sapphires, my Pink Sapphire and Gold Earrings.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails