Mar 27, 2014

Turning Mistakes Around



This is one occassion when a mistake quite literally had to be turned around!

Having received the pictured gorgeous piece of pink fused glass in a group of pieces that I bought from a beading buddy I proceeded to wire wrap it into the pendant you can see above.

So what was wrong?

Well, if you look closely, you can see some pink glitter on the top of the pattern within the glass. Well this pink glitter effectively draws a couple of flower pictures. The trouble is, as the pendant has been made above the pictures are lying on their side. I actually hadn't realised they were there until after I had completed the pendant!

So after sitting on this mistake for several months I finally got round to fixing it. I took the pink glass cab out of the frame I had made for it, and wrapped a new frame around it, this time with the glass the right way up!

https://www.etsy.com/nz/listing/184097265/pink-fused-glass-and-sterling-silver

And the original frame?

Well that was adapted to fit a piece of green agate that I had.

https://www.etsy.com/nz/listing/184099223/green-agate-and-sterling-silver-pendant?ref=shop_home_active_1

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails