Jul 17, 2014

Work in Progress - Bi-coloured Quartz Necklace & Earrings (1)

Something a bit different today - a quick snapshot from my camera phone of some work in progress.

I am currently wire wrapping some green and yellow bi-coloured quartz into some sterling silver frames. The quartz gemstones are briolettes. I am making up seven frames and am currently half way through my sixth. Five of the frames will be formed into drops for a necklace and then the two remaining frames will become earring drops. The seven frames are all made at the same time so as to ensure consistency between them.

Once I have finished getting all the frames to the same stage then I will need to decide exactly how I want to complete the top of each frame/drop.

Hopefully in a few days I will be able to share an update on my progress.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails